Askren Wrestling Academy WI – Lake Country
AWA Lake Country opened in April 2011 under the watchful eye of John Mesenbrink. Mesenbrink who coached both Askren Brothers in high school continues to have a profound impact on wrestling in Southeastern WI. Everybody is welcome at AWA Lake Country so come join and be a part of something special today!
*** AWA Lake Country will be hosting an open house February 28 from 7:30pm-8:30pm. This is for High School wrestlers to come and sign up for the spring session, check out the facilities and also meet the coaches. This is very important for us as it will make the 1st day of practice go really smooth if we have all of the registration paperwork already done for most of the athletes.
Spring HS practices start March 6th for the elite training class(4x per week).
See all of you there.***
- Elite Class- Spring HS Elite training starts March 6! We will have an open house on February 28 for anyone who wants to sign up early. Current elite class schedule is Mon, Tues and Thurs(6:00-7:30pm) and Wednesday(7:30-9:00pm), this schedule will continue through spring. We offer a 1 week free trial class, please come and check it out! Email email@example.com for more info.
- 2x a week class– For ages 8-14 will be folkstyle training. Runs Jan 4- March 22 and registration opens December 4. Click here for more info.
- HS 2x a week class– We will have a spring HS folk style 2x a week class which will run March 15- May 24 on Tuesday and Thursday night. Click here for more info and to register!
- Ninjas in Training– For ages 5-11, see below for a more detailed description. Runs Jan 4- March 22 and registration opens December 4. Click here for more info. Spring sign up will begin late February
Lake Country Classes
Ninjas In Training
Ages 5 yrs. – 11yrs. (Max. 30 athletes/session)
Ages 10 yrs. & Up
This group is where we expect young wrestlers to start taking the sport more seriously. Practices are four days a week year round, with the exception of HS students who will not attend during their competitive season. In AWA, classes are limited to 40 students and are separated by skill level. In the less experienced group there are 3 main focuses: tumbling, which will encourage students to learn body control, isometric and plyometric strength, which students will need to be successful at the higher levels of wrestling, and technical knowledge, which we emphasize so that kids understand the ins and outs of wrestling at a very young age. In the more experienced group we will focus on fine tuning techniques and have more live wrestling. You can join this group at any juncture and if you are serious about achieving your goals in wrestling you should do so as soon as possible.
-4x a week elite class is completely year round however HS kids will not practice with AWA during their season. Wrestlers can start at any time.
– 1x and 2x a week classes will happen periodically and will be posted in our blog when they happen.
For more info please contact firstname.lastname@example.org